I just made this appetizer for a Halloween party, and these Mummies were a huge hit! They are so easy to make! And at the party, I served them on a Halloween serving plate from the $1 store. This way the hostess didn’t have to worry about getting my plate back to me, and it made them even more adorable!
Mummy Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers:
– 10 Jalapeños
– 2 green onions
– 1 package of crescent rolls (refrigerated)
– 8 oz. cream cheese
– 8 oz. shredded Jack cheese
1. Take cream cheese out, so it can come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Take the jalapeños and cut them lengthwise (some will have the stem still attached which is fine). USE GLOVES!!!! I made the mistake of not using gloves, and let me tell you, my hands were burning! Use a small spoon to scrap out the inside stem and seeds.
4. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, chopped green onion, Jack cheese and a little bit of salt. I used my hands to really get the mixture blended.
5. Now take the cheese mixture and using your hands press a scoop into each jalapeño to fill. Set aside on a plate.
6. Take the crescent rolls out of the can. Be careful, I feel like one of these times, the top is going to come flying off! Unroll the dough, and where there are lines to break apart into triangles, push the dough together so it makes one large rectangle of dough.
7. Using a pizza cutter, cut long strips lengthwise, a little less than ½ inch, making about 30ish strips in total.
8. Take one strip and wrap it around the jalapeño leaving a space for eyes. Some of my jalapeños needed two strips or even an extra half of a strip of dough- that’s why you have extras.
9. Place them on a lined baking sheet and then into the oven for 15 mins.
10. When they are golden brown, take them out. I used black beans cut in half for eyes, but you could use black olives or candy eyes (just take these off to eat).
That’s it! They are delicious and very festive!